Borfes and the 5 demons - translation

by hap on 05-11-2008, 15:54
Topic: Translations

Earlier today, hap (known for his MSX1 emulator meisei and his outspoken Audrey Tautou worshipping) released an English translation patch for Borfes to 5-nin no Akuma. This game is a fun, pseudo team-based, top-down action RPG, inspired by Legend of Zelda like many ARPGs from that time. If you get stuck, which you likely will, even after having read the included textfile like so very few people do, don't give up! But if you do, maybe a famous mapmaker could be inspired to provide us with a map!

Some emulators, like meisei and openMSX, can automatically soft-patch the game for you. If you're not a fan of either, or want to play it on a FlashROM cartridge, use an external program such as IPS4MSX, or Lunar IPS (for Windows).

Relevant link: hap's stuff

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

05-11-2008, 23:02

Great job, man... and fast! Big smile

At last we'll be able to enjoy and finish this nice and difficult game!! Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

07-11-2008, 16:19

as you wish, hap Wink

By hap

Paragon (2020)

hap's picture

08-11-2008, 18:23

Imanok sent me the manual of this game, scanned by a friend of him, and allowed me to share it. It's temporary available on: http://samor.nl/hap/crap/borfes_manual.zip
I don't plan to translate it, so if someone else wants to, go ahead. :)

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

10-11-2008, 02:27

hap, I hate you Crying
The game is giant. Lots of maps taking to other maps. I am tired. Will finish it another day. I hate those scrolling games. They are the worst to map. Already killed two bosses and got two new items besides the bought ones. Evil

By hap

Paragon (2020)

hap's picture

10-11-2008, 18:30

no problem Smile
yeah, it'd be a huge map =p

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

10-11-2008, 18:44

I don't plan to translate it, so if someone else wants to, go ahead.

Ain't it cute?? ;)
It would be really nice to know much more about the story and item usage. Any volunteer??

It can't be worse than the 'Bastard' one... :P

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

10-11-2008, 20:48

Nope, at least I hope not Wink
I am progressing over here. Hannibal

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

23-07-2012, 18:49

Perhaps it's a dumb question, hap, but where could I get this IPS again? Thnx in advance!
[edit: forget it, found it at your tsktsk site Wink! Thnx anyway!]