Django translations - Malaya no Hihou

by Ivan on 24-06-2009, 11:33
Topic: Translations

Pony Canyon, a Japanese company established on 1966 which publishes music, videos, movies and video games, is known amongst MSX users for some interesting and rare software titles like Heroes of the Lance (an official Dungeons & Dragons video game), Back to The Future, their Ultima series and, especially, for Out Run (the biggest hit racing game in the eighties). Another of their software titles is the 1989 MSX2 game on cartridge Malaya no Hihou, an action game featuring the usual Japanese language. Thanks to Django's translation efforts, there is now a partial translation into English of this game! Time ago the map of Malaya no Hihou was published on MSX Solutions.

Relevant link: Passion MSX - Django translations

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

24-06-2009, 14:15

Django, Still the same problem?? Or you managed to pass Stage 4 without cheating?? LOL!

By lionelritchie

lionelritchie's picture

24-06-2009, 17:29

lord british = l0ser
pony = real ultima creators

By Randam

Randam's picture

24-06-2009, 19:11

I remember Imanok was working on or was planning a translation as well. How is that project coming along?

By the way, what was the problem with stage 4?

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

24-06-2009, 22:43

The problem is that nobody can find the key to open the last door to stage 5, so django (cough, cough) cheated a little bit... Hannibal

By Guillian

Guillian's picture

25-06-2009, 10:47

I finished the game without cheating years ago. I'll have a look at it again.
I remember there was hidden rooms, and you have to break walls and floors to reach them.

By Guillian

Guillian's picture

25-06-2009, 12:06

I found it!

img134.imageshack.us/img134/2039/malayakey4.png

I also made a video to show how to find it: YouTube link

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

25-06-2009, 13:50

Tks a lot Guillian LOL!
Now the map will be finally continued and I hope finished

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

26-06-2009, 18:18

I started the translation with some texts previously translated at the karoshi forums, but I never received the rest of the translated texts.

About the game... I finished it a long time ago without cheating, but I can't remember where and how I found that key.

My MSX profile