For all the lucky people currently having a three day weekend, MSX Translations decided it was the right time for some interesting game patches! This time not just one, but three game translations are released: Romancia for MSX1 & MSX2 and Dragon Slayer 4 for MSX2. All three games have been translated completely. Besides the translated texts, a number of enhancements have been made.
Romancia a.k.a. Dragon Slayer Jr., highlights (among others)
- Turbo Mode for all MSX computers that support one.
- Possibility to switch languages in game
- Added feature to save to/ load from SRAM
- Optional speed boost patch for people who don't have a turbo R
- Force NTSC option
The MSX1 version doesn't have all the additional features yet, but in the near future an update will be released.
Dragon Slayer 4 MSX2 features, highlights (among others)
- Turbo mode for turbo R, Ciel and Panasonic MSX2+ computers
- Updated Password system. Passwords compatible with those of Kralizec, who kindy let us use part of their patch. Added support for all different types of MSX keyboards.
A release for the MSX1 version is being worked on.
Spanish MSX lovers can soon enjoy both versions of Romancia in their mother tongue as well, thanks to Sapphire's hard work. Expect an update shortly.
Relevant link: MSX Translations