Karoshi Corporation - Link added

by snout on 28-03-2004, 01:50
Topic: Websites

Source: HispaMSX

Last week Karoshi Corporation opened their new website, offering information on their games and their upcoming titles. On their website you can download their finished games (Guru Logic, Snail Maze and Duck Hunt). Currently, Karoshi is working on no less than 7 projects. 5 of them are ports of popular games, two of them are original concepts.

Relevant link: Karoshi Corporation

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

28-03-2004, 10:19

Woops, this is an early announce Smile!. We were doing some tests on the site before publish its opening. Downloads are not added yet, but in a few days everything will be uploaded. The initial content will be 3 complete games (Guru Logic, Snail Maze, Duck Hunt), and screenshots for all our projects, 3 of them completely original (Ball On!, The Final Lap, Little Knight's Adventure). Ah, and a newsletter in PDF format (the same we use in MadriSX)... and much more... Smile. In a few days, I hope the site will be finished and working. Smile

The URL is:

El Viejo Archivero

28-03-2004, 12:50

Hey guys, just one thing: your MSX1 graphics RULE!! Definately professional level of quality... Konami quality, I'd say, even!

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

28-03-2004, 15:04

They're not bad, but Konami-quality is really overreacting IMO. Besides, some of these screenshots are fakes.

The Super Puzzle Fighter 2X screenshot is the best-looking, but also the fakest. Look at those yellows; An MSX doesn't have those kinds of yellows!
It seems they took MSX1 palette and MSX2 palette (which are slightly different) and used a combination of that in their screenshot.

The screenshots of the other games look pretty basic, just like most (non-spectrum converted) MSX1 games look like.

By ricbit

ricbit's picture

28-03-2004, 17:45

Surely the graphics are better than Time Pilot Smile

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

28-03-2004, 18:04

The SPF2X shot (and some others) has been done by me using photoshop. This is the way I design/adapt graphics from other games. Then I adapt the palette colors and finally I send my work to Robsy in order to put them in the final game. So, the SPF2X shot is a design WIP shot, not a fake. I'm bored about that riping/faking thing, please stop it GuyveR. We are showing our work, that's all, let us work and show the people the design process, ok?. Any problem with us, GuyveR?.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

28-03-2004, 18:26

Surely the graphics are better than Time Pilot
lol, yeah Smile

Stop what?! If the shot is a WIP design shot, say so! It's not a MSX screenshot, but you do make people believe it is. For all accounts and purposes it's a FAKE. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.
It has nothing to do with ripping, just that you're trying to pass off a mock-up shot as a real MSX screenshot.

I think you're having a problem with me, coz I'm just saying the SPF2X shot is not a real MSX1 shot, and that's the truth, you just admitted it's Photoshop.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9905)

wolf_'s picture

28-03-2004, 20:43

I could live with slightly different colors .. (slightly). If it's an MSX1 game, then the first aspect I'll be looking for is how the designer worked around the 2-colors-on-a-row thingy, which looks good in these games.

Not quite in the leage with a number of 5/5star MSX1 Konami games (Nem2/3/Sala/KV2), but then again .. that was Konami Smile

By [WYZ]

[WYZ]'s picture

28-03-2004, 22:19

Yes! We are all agree. A project screenshot isn't the finished product but it's a really good Karoshi projects, isn't it?

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

28-03-2004, 23:13

There's only one way: sprite overlay Smile

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

28-03-2004, 23:56

In the projects section of the page, now you can download a little demo showing the graphics of two fighters (ryu and ken), using sprites and background characters. Download the file "spf2x.rar", it's a 16kb .ROM file for MSX1. Just enjoy!.

By [WYZ]