Major update at the MSX Repository

by Lazzeri on 23-07-2010, 17:02
Topic: Websites

The fresh initiative 'MSX Repository', dedicated to the documentation of MSX games, has some new goodies for all of us to enjoy. Thanks to Diedel, the site's first outside collaborator, no less than 8 games have been added to the database. These games are: Camelot Warriors, Freddy Hardest, Game Over, Gonzzalezz, Navy Moves, Star Dust, Temptations & Ulises. Since all of them are of Spanish origin, it can be viewed as a little tribute to Spain's FIFA World Cup victory. Naturally, MSX Repository is always looking for more scans, so contact them if you'd like to contribute.

Relevant link: MSX Repository

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

23-07-2010, 19:44

wow, I've never seen that site before.. it's great

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5413)

JohnHassink's picture

24-07-2010, 00:18

This site is pretty new, I guess.
And yes, I think it's a great initiative, too.

By Lazzeri

Lazzeri's picture

24-07-2010, 15:48

Thank you, gentlemen! Smile

Yes, the site´s pretty new (less than 2 months old) and I am a terrible, terrible webdesigner / programmer as you surely realized Big smile

I´m trying to slowly scan most of my collection, hope more and more people join the train. Wink

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5413)

JohnHassink's picture

24-07-2010, 15:50

Some games on your wishlist which aren't owned by anyone in the team?
Maybe I could scan something.

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

24-07-2010, 17:38

I suggest your team members to list every game you guys own and put that list to visible place on your site. Then everyone who want to help, can easily see if they have something else to scan. Smile That minimizes the risk of "I could help, but if I scan 100 game covers and send them to msx repository, and then they tell me, ´thanks but we already have 99 of them....´". Wink

By Lazzeri

Lazzeri's picture

25-07-2010, 02:59

Actually that is a very very good suggestion. Smile I do have a list of my game collection, I´ll post it and let you guys know.

Demonseed, your help will be GREATLY appreciated! You are from Netherland, right? For starter, anything that you have from Netherland, specially original NL software, would be fantastic. Also I don´t have almost nothing new (less than 10 years old), anything newer than that would be really useful.

T&E soft are welcome, Compile also (except for Disc Station, i do have a sorted few).

From Konami there are a few that I do NOT have, if you do have them it would be lovely: The first Metal Gear, for instance. Or Uranai Sensation. Or Magical Tree. Time Pilot. Frogger. Comic Bakery. Pippols. Mopiranger - There are others but those are the ones i recall from memory.

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5413)

JohnHassink's picture

25-07-2010, 05:47

Well, regarding original Dutch games, I have stuff lying here and there, but in my cabinet, right here, I have got:

Bombaman
D.A.S.S.
The Lost World
Realms of Adventure

I have also got some newer Shockware etc. titles which are (partly) Dutch but you probably have them already. :)
Also a lot of Dutch music disks, but not games..

About D.A.S.S., it came with a story 'book' which is around 70 pages :o but it's all in Dutch...

Also I have more 'obscure' (?) games full package original like
Crusader (disk version!)
Famicle Parodic
Psycho World
Three Dragon Story

So if there's anything amongst it which you'd like, I could go scan the cartridge/disks/manual etc.

By Lazzeri

Lazzeri's picture

25-07-2010, 23:58

For those willing to help:

I´ve created a page with my game collection, as suggested. Anything that´s not there will be greatly appreciated!

By Lazzeri

Lazzeri's picture

26-07-2010, 00:04

@DemonSeed: Any of those would be amazing! Wink

If you want to start with the "retro" thing, like Famicle Parodic for instance, it would be perfect.

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5413)

JohnHassink's picture

26-07-2010, 01:44

I will.
And Bubble Bobble, if no one else will do that. Wink

(tip: change "efford" to "effort" Smile)

By Lazzeri

Lazzeri's picture

26-07-2010, 02:29

@DemonSeed: Bubble Bobble´s already done! Big smile But of course if you have any extra paperwork, like registration card, it would be awesome!

And i´ll change the effort / efford thing, thanks. Wink