MSX Center officially launched

MSX Center officially launched

by JohnHassink on 02-06-2017, 06:20
Topic: Websites

After some impressive scene efforts, among which even some MSXdev entries, the nice MSX-related surprises just keep popping up this year. A fresh site has just been officially launched that will dig deep into the ins and outs of our favourite home computer platform, under the just as concise as aptly chosen monicker "MSX Center".
Quite some tweaking and testing has been done in advance to make MSX Center a just as educational as it is in-depth experience that will surely enhance our appreciation of MSX and everything that comes with the territory.
MSX Center will offer MSX fans around the world things like reports on new developments and educational tutorials, as well as the opportunity to discuss matters with fellow enthusiasts, besides multi language support. The full purpose and mission of MSX Center is comprehensively explained right here.

Relevant link: MSX Center

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4976)

JohnHassink's picture

02-06-2017, 06:39

I just can't say or write the word "monicker" anymore without thinking about this scene from Beauty Shop: ;)

By ARTRAG

ARTRAG's picture

02-06-2017, 10:26

Center... Another one ? Wink

By hamlet

hamlet's picture

02-06-2017, 10:30

Monika!
A standard like MSX needs many supporters, and it´s time to get a more attention in the scene. Nice initiative!
Of course it´s confusing to spread news and knowledge over more pages, but like MSX.PICS do for images, MSX center will find its niche. I hope they get a good start!

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4976)

JohnHassink's picture

03-06-2017, 03:02

I hope so, too. MSX news, media or articles were never the monopoly of one particular site, nor should it be.
There luckily are others too (just as most countries have more than one newspaper), like the more Spanish language-based and awesome MSXBlog (please mind the automatic music player), and many other sites that report on retro news and/or MSX in particular.
By the way, did you just say what I thought you said? ;)

By Meits

Meits's picture

02-06-2017, 11:09

Well picked name.

By syn

syn's picture

02-06-2017, 11:19

John: "Quite some tweaking and testing" and then the link is msxdev.org. I assume you meant some progress page/post on msx-center?

By hamlet

hamlet's picture

02-06-2017, 11:43

JohnHassink wrote:

By the way, did you just say what I thought you said? Wink

moi ni car...

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4976)

JohnHassink's picture

02-06-2017, 12:14

@ syn: Yup. Momma always warned me that doing 10 things at the same time when you're tired isn't a good idea. Wink Thanks for pointing it out. Couldn't remember the original link I intended there, but I replaced it with one dealing with the same relevant topic.

@ hamlet, Hey, it's the monicker. All the MSX sites, they're all mah n... I mean, monickers. Wink

By Wolverine_nl

Wolverine_nl's picture

02-06-2017, 13:26

JohnHassink wrote:

Agree! The world is a big place.

By o.geerdink

o.geerdink's picture

07-06-2017, 15:04

Heee that's that dude from the 21th century C++ is better than assembler flame-war! When I was young, both languages still we're relevant in IT Big smile

By Wolverine_nl

Wolverine_nl's picture

16-06-2017, 11:15

o.geerdink wrote:

Heee that's that dude from....

Dragging old cows .... not relevant and what you say makes no sense at all Wink

I am glad the MSX community is active and there are lots a nice projects the last few months released or announced.

Good times! Smile