MSX Historia updates

by mtini on 25-08-2005, 09:36
Topic: Websites

MSX Historia has been updated with an exclusive interview with Adriano Camargo Rodrigues da Cunha, author of many software titles for MSX, such as Uzix.

Furthermore, a music section was added as well as a lot of high resolution cartridge labels of Konami games.

Relevant link: MSX Historia

By mars2000you

mars2000you's picture

25-08-2005, 19:28

Very interesting interwiew ... I can't wait for the second part ! Big smile

Especially, his opinion about the official MSX revival and the OCM corresponds exactly to what I think personnally (until now, it's only source of deception for the MSX community).

Also his vision about what should be a future MSX3 is really interesting.

By Arjan

Arjan's picture

26-08-2005, 09:42

don't talk for the whole MSX community please... I for one am very happy with the OCM, and so are many others!

By cesco

cesco's picture

26-08-2005, 10:09

Yeah, it would very interesting... if only it wasn't written just in Portuguese Tongue

By mars2000you

mars2000you's picture

26-08-2005, 13:43

>don't talk for the whole MSX community please...

First, I'm not speaking for the whole MSX community

Secondly, I have summarized the long passage of the interview ... Adriano speaks probably for the whole Brazilianse community

Thirdly, MRC is not representative of the whole MSX community ... This interview is one proof of that, and the fact that I agree with Adriano's point of view is another proof

By Arjan

Arjan's picture

26-08-2005, 15:47

Ok, I should've said it differently.

Why do you think that the revival is only a source of deception for the MSX community? Is it because ASCII doesn't handle things to everybody's liking? (which is impossible, since everybody has a different opinion anyways)

IMHO the revival has brought many cool things like the MSX Magazines, USB reader and possibly the OCM. It's true that most of it is geared towards the japanese market, but OCM is finally marketed globally. MSX is getting more international media attention and thanks to that new (and old) MSX users are attracted to the 'community' again.

By mars2000you

mars2000you's picture

26-08-2005, 15:57

I understand your position and I respect it, but do you have read Adriano's interview (with an online translator) ?

His position is exactly what I think and since the beginning of all the official MSX Revival, I feel more close to the Brazilianse MSX community's position than, for example, the position of a great part of the Dutch MSX community.

By adrcunha

Expert (117)

adrcunha's picture

27-08-2005, 16:32

Guys, I would like to state that I'm not talking for the Brazilian community, I'm talking for myself.
Second: yes, I did expect more from ASCII. But even OCM not being what I was expecting it to be, I decided to buy one (the announce of the MSX2 upgrade was made after the interview, and after that it seemed to me that OCM would come closer to my expectations although not quickly as I would like). But now it seems that everything vanished. So what can we do now? It's simple: let's do what we had done all this years: keep MSX alive.