MSX Solutions: Iga Ninpou Chou Mangetsujou no Tatakai

by wolf_ on 16-12-2009, 02:25
Topic: Websites

Sooner or later, only_69 will be out of work, simply because by then all MSX games are mapped by him. But until then, he'll enjoy himself doing his thing, and we'll watch him doing that! His latest output is the 1986 Casio game Iga Ninpou Chou Mangetsujou no Tatakai, or -for those who fancy long titles- Handbook of Iga's technique: the Fight of Full Moon Castle, according to Generation MSX.

Relevant link: MSX Solutions

By cidra

Master (202)

cidra's picture

16-12-2009, 12:38

This is freaking great!
Amazing!

I played this game a lot, always enjoyed it.

Congratulations, once more.

Can I suggest more games?
What about a map for Candoo Ninja as well?
Dragon Ninja, The Munsters, Masters of The Universe...

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5386)

JohnHassink's picture

16-12-2009, 12:51

Again, great work!

I'm seriously addicted to these kind of ninja games. Smile

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

16-12-2009, 13:17

The Munsters - There are no working tapes which are able to play level 2 of the game. So, I discontinued the mapping project of the same. Crying

By LeandroCorreia

LeandroCorreia's picture

16-12-2009, 16:43

What about Guardic? Wink

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

16-12-2009, 17:25

Guardic was already mapped. See generation-msx
Maybe someday I can remap it but this is a far away future Wink

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9760)

wolf_'s picture

16-12-2009, 17:30

Yea.. do Topple Zip instead Big smile

By LeandroCorreia

LeandroCorreia's picture

16-12-2009, 18:08

So I am using your Guardic map... problem is that I can´t finish the game, even after destroying all three bosses. Did you finish the game?

By Ivan

Ivan's picture

16-12-2009, 19:58

The Munsters - There are no working tapes which are able to play level 2 of the game. So, I discontinued the mapping project of the same.Are you sure? Have you tried the tape image that can be found googling for "CAS MSX"?

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

17-12-2009, 01:29

Yes, even using Martos cas image, I cannot access level 2. the game freezes.

And about guardic mao, this is not mine. It was a Brazilian guy who made it but I cannot remember his name

By robertwilting

robertwilting's picture

17-12-2009, 11:27

I recall that the munsters has problems on some models.

By cidra

Master (202)

cidra's picture

17-12-2009, 12:46

The Munsters is another case of poor Spectrum conversion: only the first stage was converted to MSX, much like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

After you "build" Herman, he starts walking and the game just freezes.

But anyway, I just thought it would be another good (and easy to create) map for MSX Solutions.

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

17-12-2009, 22:12

I had it done but I would like to publish the whole map which is impossible. Crying

By cidra

Master (202)

cidra's picture

18-12-2009, 12:20

Yes, I understand.

But in a way, that's the "whole" map of the MSX version.

Anyway, thank you for your great maps.
Cheers.

By Derico

Supporter (1)

Derico's picture

08-02-2011, 06:06

Hello.

Many years ago, my uncle and I discovered, quite accidentally, the error correction of the Game The Munsters. I believe I am the one in the world who have the game in all phases running properly until the end of the msx. Sorry the poor english. Note: Only a bit to fix the whole game ..

08-02-2011, 18:38

Are you going to tell us which bit? And how you found it?

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

09-02-2011, 09:31

I was just going to ask, that could somebody please fix the original game code so it would work, until I read this!! Big smile

By the way, I do hope, that someone could release fix program, which allows ORIGINAL TAPE (not just emulator file) to work properly on all MSXs and MSX2s, so I could play my game at last with Herman (and with others too). Smile

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

16-02-2011, 08:49

I really hope this Munsters discussion haven´t dried up..... Crying Surely, I guess it can´t be a very hard modification, IF you know what to do...... and where........