MSX Solutions update - 6th of august

by wolf_ on 06-08-2007, 11:32
Topic: Websites

As was announced earlier, new maps are going to be released frequently now. And so, as of today we can enjoy another 3 new maps, made by MSX user only_69. The new maps are:

• Freddy Hardest - Part I
  • Freddy Hardest - Part II
  • Freddy Hardest in South Manhattan

Happy Freddy'ing!

Relevant link: MSX Solutions

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

06-08-2007, 12:00

Hey wolf, you are too fast.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

06-08-2007, 12:37

que?

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

06-08-2007, 14:09

I was just logging to post the news and I realized it was already there.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

06-08-2007, 14:12

Well, a next time you could submit the news at the moment you're uploading the new maps, *then* you're sure that your news submit arrives earlier than us spotting it ourself.. Tongue

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

06-08-2007, 15:29

btw, for monochrome images those games look pretty neat (Speccy conversions I guess?), but isn't it time for some more pure-MSX2 games again?

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

06-08-2007, 17:14

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

06-08-2007, 17:15

I have some plans also with more "MSX"ed games. I was at the middle of Adventures of Randar III. Huge game but had some problems with the japanese. Also Malaya no Hihou is almost finished.

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

06-08-2007, 17:16

BTW, any specific game you would like to see?

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

06-08-2007, 17:30

Not in particular, Randar III is still a great one to finish some day. I estimate that Aleste-style shooters are quite crappy to map, right?

06-08-2007, 18:56

Starship Rendez-Vous! Smile
Grotten van Oberon!
Eindeloos! Smile
Bastard!

well, I didn't check if they already exist.

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

06-08-2007, 19:12

Aleste/Aleste 2 - Nice game. It was in my TO DO list but was kind of abandoned after I made all those Gradius maps. But I will return to them.
Adv. Randar III - I will return also to this and will need someone with japanese skills.
Bastard - Hey manuel, great game! I did not remember this game. I will give it a try and let you know if it is feasible.
Eindeloos - I do not know the game. There is no shot in the generation site and I do not have it. What is it about?
De Grotten van Oberon - When we were talking about MSX2 games, I think wolf meant good ones. This one is crappy. LOL!
Starship Rendez-vous - Nice game. If it is only s shooter, it may be mapped. However, if I need japanese skills, it would be kind of left aside. Priority is randar.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

06-08-2007, 19:26

Yes, Bastard! A game I actually have original, never got very far tho, Apart from the shop-part I've never seen anything else than grey walls 'n floors, while the box clearly shows yellow/green parts as well.

By hap

Paragon (2020)

hap's picture

06-08-2007, 21:08

I'm with manuel, maps of maze games like Eindeloos and Grotten van Oberon are more useful than linear ones.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

06-08-2007, 22:06

So, hereby I again vote Bastard.. let that be the first MSX2 map in a long while again Tongue

07-08-2007, 19:30

But what's the point of mapping a shooter?
I started a map with pencil on paper once... But I never finished it. It was my first original disk game, bought for about 15 guilders (€6.81)...
I fixed that. Check it out (it's a maze shooter).
Hey, I liked it! And it has quite a complicated maze, hence perfect for mapping.
You don't need Japanese skills to play the arcade levels. It might be nice to have those mapped.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

07-08-2007, 19:35

While it might be the original intention of MSX solutions to show maps in order to help you to finish a game, I'd say there's also some value in just seeing the map for development purposes, even if the game is not difficult or a maze at all. That's why I mentioned the game-designer's aspect in the giga update. So, just continue with all these I'd say, even the games that don't really 'need' maps.

By wolf_