The MSX Tribe opens its doors

by Latok on 29-03-2004, 22:47
Topic: Websites

Music! It's definitely one of the most talked about aspects of the MSX scene. Somehow, MSX seems to be a perfect computer to express musical creativity. As a result of this, there is a huge variety of soundchips- and software available for MSX.

The MSX Tribe is a new website which is entirely dedicated to MSX music. The goal of the site is to become an illimited and free place where all the musical MSX minded people can host their MSX music, no matter if it are original compositions, remakes, arrangements or covers.

J-War, the initiator of this project, can't do everything by himself, of course. Next to the need for a skilled PHP coder and someone who can help setting up the forum/message board, he foremost asks you to send in all your MSX music so it can be added to this new MSX musical library. Furthermore, he encourages every person to help or to share constructive suggestions. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] and help him to make this site as complete as possible. You can also reach J-War on #msxdev on irc.rizon.net or on #msx on eu.undernet.org.

Relevant link: The MSX Tribe

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9747)

wolf_'s picture

29-03-2004, 23:06

remakes, arrangements or covers .. I tend to mix them up myself Smile

But, nice initiative. A central place for everything instead of everything here there and everywhere.

By hap

Paragon (2017)

hap's picture

29-03-2004, 23:18

It's a surprise to me that Crystal Score=wolf_ Smile
I've had those s3m songs for years.

By snout

snout's picture

29-03-2004, 23:25

Great initiative! I hope you can find some volunteers who are willing to dedicate some spare time to this project.

By J-War

J-War's picture

30-03-2004, 02:41

Yes, Me too Big smile

By ro

Guardian (4073)

ro's picture

30-03-2004, 07:45

J, didn't you post a need for coders earlier on the board? I do remember you asking for skilled coders to do some PHP stuff for some MSX related website of yours... I'm willing to give it a try. What ya need? (you got PHP/MySQL based hosting server??)
So atleast I can do SOMETHING for MSX scene these days (since I'm butt-lazy (read: too bussy on other project) to actually code on real MSX ....even the AQUA challenge would be something I can't seem to find the time for...)
lemme know J.

By J-War

J-War's picture

30-03-2004, 18:03

Yes ro, it was almost a year ago Smile
Back then i had this project in mind and hadn't enough free time to start it, but now, it's done Smile
I put a " sample " online which shows how i want the page to be, check here :
I want to integrate PHP so it can look like this.
I need some script that can build and update pages according to a folder's content.
I can create a page that list every KSS file by hand for example it would be craze, so the script create and update the page itself for example.
Btw there's my email on the site, my icq and msn on the MRC icq/msn list if needed.

By ro

Guardian (4073)

ro's picture

31-03-2004, 09:35

Ok, seems cool enough. I've got some ideas myself so we could work out some great MSX SCENE website (incl. DL's for the amateur scene)
The rating/poll, guestbook etc. is a piez'a cake (not the spacey one) Indeed handcoded pages suck. You would surely need a PHP/MySQL webbased site for this.

J, you can contact ME if you like on roman (at) thefuzz dot nl
and state your plans so we can work something out. Should be fun! (and cool ofcourse)

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

31-03-2004, 21:41

I could make the HTML and CSS for you Smile. Standards compliance guaranteed.

~Grauw

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

31-03-2004, 21:44

My email can be found in user info.