New aamsx.org website coming up

by [D-Tail] on 23-09-2005, 10:45
Topic: Websites

It looks like that, after years of inactivity, the aamsx.org website and news portal, is going to be renewed. The site was being mastered by Javi Lavandeira, also known as ag0ny. Now it looks like he's got the new site in the pipeline. We wonder what it's going to be and as usual, we'll keep you updated on this matter!

Relevant link: AAMSX.org

By HansO

HansO's picture

23-09-2005, 10:48

Very old news Smile In fact no news, since this is an empty page. The www.aamsx.org is showing this message for a long time.
aamsx.com and aamsx.org are separate sites now for several years.

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

23-09-2005, 10:51

hanso is right, aamsx.org has nothing to do with aamsx.com since years, and that message in aamsx.org is quite old.

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

23-09-2005, 10:53

I just stumbled upon it, forgive me ^_^

Moreover, the site seemed dead for years, and now it seems there's a new site being made there.

By HansO

HansO's picture

23-09-2005, 10:55

I would like to see the old centents of aamsx.org restored. Javi started to write a well-written introduction to MSX, good for beginners.

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

23-09-2005, 10:58

anyway, it will be nice to see ag0ny back in action Smile. Good luck with the new site!

By pitpan

pitpan's picture

23-09-2005, 13:28

I would ask the MRC team to remove this information. There is no relation whatsoever between aamsx.org (ag0ny's site) and aamsx.com (official AAM site). In the past there was a quarrel about this within the Spanish community, therefore I consider this information extremely unaccurate and it could reopen an old dispute. Please remove it or correct it: only aamsx.org is being rebuilt, but this banner is several months old.

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

23-09-2005, 14:26

**update: heeded pitpan's advice and removed references to aamsx.com. Didn't know that those two sites were entirely seperated, sorry for the misunderstanding Wink

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

23-09-2005, 14:53

Now is far better Wink, thanx D-Tail for editing.

By pitpan

pitpan's picture

23-09-2005, 17:37

Thank you for the fast correction.

By SaebaMSX

Hero (533)

SaebaMSX's picture

24-09-2005, 19:41

Well, the title continues being unaccurate. Tongue

It was a problem years ago but not anymore (I think). AAM members and ag0ny do not have these problems... they are gone. Smile

That is all the information I can provide about it (I started to be an active AAM member back then, so... Tongue)

Let's see if ag0ny can finish his website and put it online soon. As Hanso stated these articles were really good.

24-09-2005, 20:55

Yes, I'm missing those articles. Every time someone asks me for an intro in MSX Basic, I can only point them to bad old paper books. Those online articles rocked!

05-11-2006, 09:56

Still missing those articles... I hope Javi will have time to put it back online! (See e.g. http://www.msx.org/forumtopicl6704.html )