Use ~10€ to connect modern mouse to MSX

Pagina 7/18
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Van bakoulis

Master (166)

afbeelding van bakoulis

21-01-2014, 23:16

I have zero experience with soldering irons, Arduino projects, Arduino programming and all that amazing little handmade projects. I want a usb/ps2 Arduino mouse adaptor for my MSX, like crazy!
Can you give us, an *absolute novice* step by step guide, to build an adaptor like this?
Or if you plan to build and sell some pieces for newbies like me?
Please help.
Smile

Van Louthrax

Prophet (2294)

afbeelding van Louthrax

21-01-2014, 23:22

bakoulis wrote:

I have zero experience with soldering irons, Arduino projects, Arduino programming and all that amazing little handmade projects. I want a usb/ps2 Arduino mouse adaptor for my MSX, like crazy!
Can you give us, an *absolute novice* step by step guide, to build an adaptor like this?
Or if you plan to build and sell some pieces for newbies like me?
Please help.
Smile

I can solder some stuff, but would be very interested by such a guide too !!

Van NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5615)

afbeelding van NYYRIKKI

23-01-2014, 05:34

edoz wrote:

Hi NYYRIKKI,

Did you test the new mouse protocol in symbos with a old MSX mouse on (not turbo-r) 3.5 Mhz ? And was this working ?

Old MSX mouse don't support the new protocol, but yes SymbOS still works with traditional mouse as well and I tested the new protocol on Z80-mode without problems. (ie. DD-graphics & BASIC)

Van NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5615)

afbeelding van NYYRIKKI

23-01-2014, 06:04

Louthrax wrote:
bakoulis wrote:

I have zero experience with soldering irons, Arduino projects, Arduino programming and all that amazing little handmade projects. I want a usb/ps2 Arduino mouse adaptor for my MSX, like crazy!
Can you give us, an *absolute novice* step by step guide, to build an adaptor like this?
Or if you plan to build and sell some pieces for newbies like me?
Please help.
Smile

I can solder some stuff, but would be very interested by such a guide too !!

What are the parts that are currently most hard to understand? Maybe I should use real color pictures of the connectors instead of ASCII-pictures? Maybe I should draw the wires to some specific version of Arduino board? Are there some links missing that I should add? (ie how to connect USB to PC and upload software) I don't think that ie. close up pictures help a lot since all joysticks use different color encoding in cables. There is only 13 cables (9 going to MSX and 4 to PS/2) that you need to connect, so I thought list approach is quite ok...

Ps. I will upload the software once I have cleaned it a bit... It works, but looks absolutely horrible to read. This is practically my first C-program and it is quite easy to see that. Smile

Van bakoulis

Master (166)

afbeelding van bakoulis

24-01-2014, 17:56

I don't know even how to program an Arduino. Ofcourse I know how to connect it on a PC in case it have a usb port!
So zero experience mean zero. I haven't flash program for Arduino and I don't know how to flash. I haven't soldering skulls and I need an easy diagram where must connecting or soldering everything. I know is a very boring work, but maybe someone have the courage to make a novice guide for "kids", maybe with videos and pictures.
Smile

Van NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5615)

afbeelding van NYYRIKKI

24-01-2014, 23:33

bakoulis wrote:

I haven't flash program for Arduino and I don't know how to flash.

Well, this is good place to start... Don't worry about the hardware, that is just few cables and some soldering... The hardware part is easy enough even if you have not done that before...

Installing Arduino IDE is not much different, if you have installed ie. custom joystick driver to play games on PC. Luckily there is also lots of YouTube-videos to get you started... Check ie. this one. If that is not good enough there are lots of other videos as well to get you started with the basics. I think these videos on YouTube are better than I can make, so I think this is the good place to start, if you are starting from "Zero".

Van NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5615)

afbeelding van NYYRIKKI

26-01-2014, 17:32

Here are pictures of the PS/2 converter that I build today

It was a bit tight fit, but I managed to get it up and running in about two hours. This is based on Arduino Nano pro v3. Please note if you build this: Don't use "VIN" to power up the device from joystick port, but use the "5V" pin instead. "VIN" should be used only if you have 7-12v power source. Also for safety purposes, don't connect Joystick and USB at the same time.

Van edoz

Prophet (2302)

afbeelding van edoz

09-04-2014, 10:54

YES !! I Received all hardware parts today .. now let's found out how to proceed Big smile

Van edoz

Prophet (2302)

afbeelding van edoz

09-04-2014, 11:07

I have the Nano V3.0 ..

Is there a schematic which wires have to connect to where ? And do you have to load some software on the Nano V3.0 ?

Van NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5615)

afbeelding van NYYRIKKI

09-04-2014, 12:24

I have not drawn any pictures, but "what pin to where" can be found from the source comments in first post. I've mailed you latest beta version that contains the wheel support as well.

Pagina 7/18
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12