Hidden MSX hardware

Pagina 5/14
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Van tvalenca

Paladin (747)

afbeelding van tvalenca

06-10-2016, 18:07

Piter Punk wrote:

I can't go to Buenos Aires to see what they will show, but I really want to know more about that new MSX.

I think user flyguille is from Argentina. Maybe he could go see what is this about...

Van RetroTechie

Paragon (1563)

afbeelding van RetroTechie

13-10-2016, 09:22

That human hand holds the wine glass wrong! Tongue (but robot apparently knows how to hold it properly).

Van mars2000you

Enlighted (5986)

afbeelding van mars2000you

13-10-2016, 14:52

More info on this thread : https://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/hardware/mitsubishi-rm-501

Piter Punk wrote:

Maybe our friends from Argentina will have some news about hidden MSX...



The text:

Quote:

Dispositivos inéditos (encontramos una nueva MSX que no estaba en los catálogos),

Can be translated to:

Quote:

"Unknown devices (we found a new MSX that was not in the catalogs)"

I can't go to Buenos Aires to see what they will show, but I really want to know more about that new MSX.

Van tvalenca

Paladin (747)

afbeelding van tvalenca

13-10-2016, 17:40

RetroTechie wrote:

That human hand holds the wine glass wrong! Tongue (but robot apparently knows how to hold it properly).

who?

Van Piter Punk

Master (224)

afbeelding van Piter Punk

23-10-2016, 06:26

Take a look on this this bootscreen

The BASIC version is 3.0 and the Copyright date is 1992. And this is the computer that was revealed in the MSX meeting in Argentina.

At least one MSX slot and two integrated floppy drives, 3.5" and 5.25". Let's see if the MSX fans from Argentina can show more about this unknown MSX machine (as the MSX logo is in the slot, I wouldn't call it a Hidden machine).

Van gdx

Enlighted (4695)

afbeelding van gdx

23-10-2016, 08:02

I think this is a homemade MSX with a PC case and a keyboard from Talent TPC-310. There are people doing great things on retrocomputacion.com.

Van Louthrax

Prophet (2406)

afbeelding van Louthrax

23-10-2016, 10:16

Piter Punk wrote:

Take a look on this this bootscreen

The BASIC version is 3.0 and the Copyright date is 1992. And this is the computer that was revealed in the MSX meeting in Argentina.

Curious to have a look at a BIOS dump here... (in order to check if that's a real new build or just a patch of the boot messages ?).

Van mohai

Paladin (932)

afbeelding van mohai

23-10-2016, 18:10

Bootscreen shows MSX BASIC version 5.0
That is weird. Question
There are no messages about disk basic and bytes free are 28815. Does it mean that disk interface is not working or someone pushed SHIFT at boot time?
I do not think that case is from a PC, as it looks that disks slots and cartridge slot are not home made. Maybe a prototype never released?

Van mars2000you

Enlighted (5986)

afbeelding van mars2000you

23-10-2016, 18:17

Don't forget that the official NMS 800 and NMS 801 released by Philips in Italy display a screen announcing MSX-BASIC 3.0 while these machines are only incomplete MSX1 computers (no cartridge slot, no printer port).

Van Piter Punk

Master (224)

afbeelding van Piter Punk

23-10-2016, 19:11

Louthrax wrote:

Curious to have a look at a BIOS dump here... (in order to check if that's a real new build or just a patch of the boot messages ?).

Would be very nice to have this dump. But I don't have access to this machine. I just did copied the pictures from this forum post in Retrocompucion.com

mohai wrote:

Bootscreen shows MSX BASIC version 5.0
That is weird. :-?

Really? I read 3.0 there. Take a look on forum's original image in the link above, the picture can be made bigger (and the text will be more readable)

mohai wrote:

There are no messages about disk basic and bytes free are 28815. Does it mean that disk interface is not working or someone pushed SHIFT at boot time?
I do not think that case is from a PC, as it looks that disks slots and cartridge slot are not home made. Maybe a prototype never released?

I believe it's a prototype, but we don't have enough information to confirm anything.

Pagina 5/14
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10