Sunrise MoonSound and GFX9000 cartridges died suddenly after a power surge

Pagina 1/6
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Door KdL

Paragon (1350)

afbeelding van KdL

21-08-2020, 11:33

Hello guys.

There was a mess last night with my SM-X power supply that did enormous damage.

My original Sunrise MoonSound and GFX9000 cartridges died suddenly after a power surge that damaged the external bus of my SM-X prototype. Crying
“Today I was trying to check if they are repairable, but I saw two programmable circuits on each cartridge and thought I will not be able to proceed.”

I would like to know if anyone can help me repair these cartridges or do it for me for a fee.
MoonSound is not detected while GFX9000 freezes the system on startup (tested on 1chipMSX, Zemmix Neo and others).

I was suggested to ask for Koen van Hartigsveld or Dennis from SuperSoniqs.
Thanks in advance.

A video before the blackout: 20200819-gfx9000-spikes-from-bad-power-supply.mp4

A photo of the two broken cartridges:

Aangemeld of registreer om reacties te plaatsen

Van Pencioner

Scribe (1206)

afbeelding van Pencioner

21-08-2020, 11:45

That's very-very-very much sad Sad I hope you would have the devices fixed...

PS Don't hang your nose!

Van lintweaker

Champion (313)

afbeelding van lintweaker

21-08-2020, 11:59

That really sucks. Failing power supplies can cause all kinds of havoc. Hopefully this is repairable.

Van msd

Paragon (1405)

afbeelding van msd

21-08-2020, 12:48

@kdl Do you expect all the chips do be damaged?

Van KdL

Paragon (1350)

afbeelding van KdL

21-08-2020, 13:00

msd wrote:

@kdl Do you expect all the chips do be damaged?

The two PCBs have no cosmetic burn marks. Therefore, I would like to change programmable chips (GAL/PAL) which are more susceptible to surges. But I don't have the programming files so it's impossible for me to go it alone.

Van lintweaker

Champion (313)

afbeelding van lintweaker

21-08-2020, 13:36

I would be able to help to recreate. You should be able to replace to PLDs with e.g. a ATF16V8.
Can you program them?
First we need to establish the used pinout (A0-A7, /IORQ, /RD, /WR etc). I can then create the logic file and outcoming JED file.

Van TheWhipMaster

Expert (119)

afbeelding van TheWhipMaster

21-08-2020, 14:02

Hi Kdl ,
You mean you need something like that ? :

sunriseidegal1.jed
CUPL(WM) 5.0a Serial# 60008009
Device g16v8ma Library DLIB-h-40-8
Created Mon Aug 19 03:34:35 2013
Name sunriseidegal1
Partno 00
Revision 01
Date 14/08/2013
Designer Engineer
Company Otacilio
Assembly None
Location
*QP20
*QF2194
*G0
*F0
*L00000 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00032 11111111111101111111011111111111
*L00256 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00288 11111111111011111111111111111111
*L00768 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00800 11111011111111111111111111111111
*L00832 10111111111111111111111111111111
*L00864 11111111111111111011111111111111
*L00896 11111111111111111111111110111111
*L00928 11101111111111111111111111111111
*L00960 11111111111111111111111111110111
*L00992 11111111011101111111111111111111
*L01536 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01568 10111011011110111011011010111010
*L01792 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01824 11111111111111101111111111111111
*L01856 11111111111111111101111011111111
*L01888 11111111111111111111111011011111
*L01920 11111111111111111111110111111101
*L01952 11111111111111111101111111111101
*L01984 11111111111111111111111111011101
*L02016 11111111111111111111111111110111
*L02048 11010011001100000011000000100000
*L02112 00000000111111111111111111111111
*L02144 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L02176 111111111111111111
*C5CFB
*1CF8

sunriseidegal2.jed

CUPL(WM) 5.0a Serial# 60008009
Device g16v8ma Library DLIB-h-40-8
Created Sat Aug 17 02:58:35 2013
Name sunriseidegal2
Partno 00
Revision 01
Date 17/08/2013
Designer Engineer
Company Otacilio
Assembly None
Location
*QP20
*QF2194
*G0
*F0
*L00000 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00032 11111110111111111111111111111111
*L00256 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00288 11110111111101111111111111111111
*L00512 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00544 11110111111111111111111111111101
*L00768 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00800 11110111111111111111111111110111
*L01024 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01056 11110111101111111111101111111111
*L01088 11111111101111111111101111111110
*L01280 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01312 11111111111111110111111111111111
*L01344 11111111011111111111111111111111
*L01376 11111011111111111111111111111110
*L01536 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01568 11110111101111111011111111111111
*L01600 11111111101111111011111111111110
*L01792 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01824 11111111011111111111111111111111
*L01856 11111111111111111111011111111111
*L01888 11110111111111111111111111111111
*L01920 11111111111111111111111111111110
*L02048 11111111001100000011000000100000
*L02112 00000000111111111111111111111111
*L02144 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L02176 111111111111111111
*C61FA
*2484

If so I really hope someone can help you as you've help our community Tongue

Van KdL

Paragon (1350)

afbeelding van KdL

21-08-2020, 14:16

lintweaker wrote:

I would be able to help to recreate. You should be able to replace to PLDs with e.g. a ATF16V8.
Can you program them?
First we need to establish the used pinout (A0-A7, /IORQ, /RD, /WR etc). I can then create the logic file and outcoming JED file.

Now I'm not organized to program them. If someone is already organized I can send the cartridges but I don't know if the problem is really only in the GAL/PAL, so better a competent person able to assess the damage.

Van KdL

Paragon (1350)

afbeelding van KdL

21-08-2020, 14:20

TheWhipMaster wrote:

Hi Kdl ,
You mean you need something like that ? :

...

If so I really hope someone can help you as you've help our community Tongue

IDE cartridge programming files don't help. I'm sorry.

Van WORP3

Paladin (809)

afbeelding van WORP3

21-08-2020, 16:38

TheWhipMaster wrote:

Hi Kdl ,
You mean you need something like that ? :

sunriseidegal1.jed
CUPL(WM) 5.0a Serial# 60008009
Device g16v8ma Library DLIB-h-40-8
Created Mon Aug 19 03:34:35 2013
Name sunriseidegal1
Partno 00
Revision 01
Date 14/08/2013
Designer Engineer
Company Otacilio
Assembly None
Location
*QP20
*QF2194
*G0
*F0
*L00000 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00032 11111111111101111111011111111111
*L00256 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00288 11111111111011111111111111111111
*L00768 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00800 11111011111111111111111111111111
*L00832 10111111111111111111111111111111
*L00864 11111111111111111011111111111111
*L00896 11111111111111111111111110111111
*L00928 11101111111111111111111111111111
*L00960 11111111111111111111111111110111
*L00992 11111111011101111111111111111111
*L01536 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01568 10111011011110111011011010111010
*L01792 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01824 11111111111111101111111111111111
*L01856 11111111111111111101111011111111
*L01888 11111111111111111111111011011111
*L01920 11111111111111111111110111111101
*L01952 11111111111111111101111111111101
*L01984 11111111111111111111111111011101
*L02016 11111111111111111111111111110111
*L02048 11010011001100000011000000100000
*L02112 00000000111111111111111111111111
*L02144 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L02176 111111111111111111
*C5CFB
*1CF8

sunriseidegal2.jed

CUPL(WM) 5.0a Serial# 60008009
Device g16v8ma Library DLIB-h-40-8
Created Sat Aug 17 02:58:35 2013
Name sunriseidegal2
Partno 00
Revision 01
Date 17/08/2013
Designer Engineer
Company Otacilio
Assembly None
Location
*QP20
*QF2194
*G0
*F0
*L00000 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00032 11111110111111111111111111111111
*L00256 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00288 11110111111101111111111111111111
*L00512 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00544 11110111111111111111111111111101
*L00768 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L00800 11110111111111111111111111110111
*L01024 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01056 11110111101111111111101111111111
*L01088 11111111101111111111101111111110
*L01280 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01312 11111111111111110111111111111111
*L01344 11111111011111111111111111111111
*L01376 11111011111111111111111111111110
*L01536 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01568 11110111101111111011111111111111
*L01600 11111111101111111011111111111110
*L01792 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L01824 11111111011111111111111111111111
*L01856 11111111111111111111011111111111
*L01888 11110111111111111111111111111111
*L01920 11111111111111111111111111111110
*L02048 11111111001100000011000000100000
*L02112 00000000111111111111111111111111
*L02144 11111111111111111111111111111111
*L02176 111111111111111111
*C61FA
*2484

If so I really hope someone can help you as you've help our community Tongue

Hi WhipMaster,

Can you tell me if these files above are the actually gals sources for those cartridges? If so which one if for which cartridge?

Van KdL

Paragon (1350)

afbeelding van KdL

21-08-2020, 17:23

Hi WORP3, they are for the Sunrise IDE cartdriges.

Pagina 1/6
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6