Microcomputer & Related Culture Foundation (“MRC Foundation”) is responsible for and controls the personal data collected and processed through this website (“Website”). Personal data is any information that directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual.
Categories of personal data
MRC Foundation only collects personal data that visitors actively provide us with. Personal data will only be actively provided to us when you create and/or use a user account at the Website or when you send us a message, either by e-mail or by using the contact form on the Website. We may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Your username, your e-mail address and the password for your account;
- Profile information you may actively provide, such as your real name, your (MSX related) skills, personal avatar, country, public e-mail address, ICQ number, MSN address and date of birth;
- If you send us a message, any personal data you include in it;
- Any personal data you include in the content you post at the Website, such as forum messages, comments, news submits or articles;
- When applicable, personal data that is related to your behaviour at the Website, such as warnings or measures taken against you.
Purposes of data processing
MRC Foundation will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Delivery of our services, such as using our forums or posting reactions to content;
- Posting of content to the Website;
- Referring to content related to you on the Website;
- User relationship management;
- Website administration and optimalization;
- Keeping you informed about the Website and our services;
- Preventing fraud and abuse.
Google uses this data to keep track of how the Website is being used, to produce reports on activity on the Website to MRC Foundation and for other services concerning website activity and internet use. Google discloses this information to third parties when required to do so for meeting statutory requirements and when such third parties process personal data for Google. Google will not link your IP address to other data Google possesses.
As stated before, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to refuse receiving it. Please note that in such case, you may no longer be able to make full use of our Website.
Other third party cookies used on the Website
Disclosure of personal data
MRC Foundation publishes certain personal data you provide us with on the Website. Every visitor to the Website has access to this data. By editing your profile, you can decide which data you wish to provide (and thus make accessible to other visitors of the Website) and which you don’t. The only required data fields are your username, your password and your e-mail address. Your e-mail address will not be made public unless you indicate otherwise. Personal data contained in content you submit to the Website for publication is also disclosed to every visitor of the Website.
Content you submit to the Website, such as news submits, forum posts or comments, will be indexed and thus be made available by search engines.
Your personal data will not be disclosed or made available to (or used on behalf of) group companies and business partners of MRC Foundation or other third parties.
Third party websites
MRC Foundation is also not responsible for the possible processing of your personal data by other visitors of this Website.
The personal data that is collected through this Website is protected making use of contemporary data protection technology. Only the administrators of the Website have access to data which is not made public on the Website. This access is used for administration purposes only.
Data retention period
We keep the personal data you provide to us as long as you have a user account on the Website.
For more information, you can contact MRC Foundation at email@example.com. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to and/or rectification and/or deletion of your personal data.