One chip MSX improvement project

Página 113/118
106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118

Por HRA!

Champion (271)

imagem de HRA!

28-02-2021, 21:58

Por erpirao

Paragon (1230)

imagem de erpirao

15-03-2021, 21:13

s-xm clone?
the original s-xm does not bring sound-in, will this clone bring it?
is that without sound in in the slot, it loses all interest

Por AxelStone

Prophet (3058)

imagem de AxelStone

16-03-2021, 10:35

Why the specs specify that MSX-Audio and OPL3 are implemented?

"PSG, SCC+, MSX-Music, MSX-Audio and OPL3"

Are really implemented in FPGA?

Por sdsnatcher73

Prophet (2363)

imagem de sdsnatcher73

16-03-2021, 12:31

With the extra size it is quite possible of course. FlashJacks already uses implementations in FPGA of MSX-Audio and OPL3

Por AxelStone

Prophet (3058)

imagem de AxelStone

16-03-2021, 12:33

sdsnatcher73 wrote:

With the extra size it is quite possible of course. FlashJacks already uses implementations in FPGA of MSX-Audio and OPL3

Yes I know, and also GR8Net implements MSX-Audio, but I didn't know the current status of the SM-X core. So it's true, it has a fully functional MSX-Audio including ADPCM features?

Por bsittler

Master (246)

imagem de bsittler

16-03-2021, 18:16

lintweaker wrote:

My MSX breakout for the DE0-CV FPGA board is ready for testing!
First tests show sound is working Smile

That's a nice-looking MSX! Does BT1 socket mean RTC will be possible in this one so file time stamps can be correct without requiring manual or NTP synchronization each power-on somehow? Or will RTC still require more circuitry that isn't present yet?

Por ducasp

Champion (466)

imagem de ducasp

16-03-2021, 22:23

erpirao wrote:

s-xm clone?
the original s-xm does not bring sound-in, will this clone bring it?
is that without sound in in the slot, it loses all interest

It doesn't? (real question, mine has sound input from cartridges mixed, but mine is an early prototype when it was named MSX-SM)

Por ducasp

Champion (466)

imagem de ducasp

16-03-2021, 22:28

AxelStone wrote:
sdsnatcher73 wrote:

With the extra size it is quite possible of course. FlashJacks already uses implementations in FPGA of MSX-Audio and OPL3

Yes I know, and also GR8Net implements MSX-Audio, but I didn't know the current status of the SM-X core. So it's true, it has a fully functional MSX-Audio including ADPCM features?

I don't think SM-X implements MSX-Audio, it does implement OPL3, and OPL3 at some level might be considered compatible with MSX-Audio as far as FM / OPL general stuff, but it doesn't have formal MSX-Audio implementation or ADPCM as far as I know...

Por Grauw

Ascended (10179)

imagem de Grauw

16-03-2021, 22:43

The Y8950 ADPCM implementation could be borrowed from the YM2608 VHDL implementation. The differences are very minor so only small adjustments are needed.

Por AxelF

Champion (389)

imagem de AxelF

16-03-2021, 22:47

What i miss about my one chip MSX in a internal floppy controller, so i can connect a floppy drive and play games from floppy for nostalgic reasons. (Yes i have a floppy controller cartridge but it's not the same)

Página 113/118
106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118