State of the art in C programming for the MSX?

Страница 4/6
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

Аватар пользователя anonymous

16-02-2015, 16:40

Egor:

If you read this, could you please send me via private message an email address where I can get in touch with you? I need to ask you about your AS/LD package, and the two email addresses I knew you used in the past don't seem to be active anymore.

Regards,
Javi

By Manuel

Ascended (15686)

Аватар пользователя Manuel

16-02-2015, 18:48

Unfortunately, Egor passed away last year...

Ref: http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/hardware/beer-ide-bios-19r...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

Аватар пользователя anonymous

17-02-2015, 00:23

Oh, that's a real pity. He was a very good programmer.

It must have happened less than a year ago, because his last post here was in March 2014.

By AxelStone

Prophet (2674)

Аватар пользователя AxelStone

19-02-2015, 23:59

Sorry for that, rest in peace Crying Crying Crying

One question about MSX-C, is there any limitation with program memory? This is, in Basic the bigger program you can make has 23Kb, no matter if your MSX has 64, 128, 256Kb... In Turbo Pascal the limit is 33Kb, no matter how much memory your MSX have. Is there any fixed limitation in MSX-C?

Thanks and once more, sorry for Egor Crying

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

Аватар пользователя anonymous

20-02-2015, 03:22

AxelStone wrote:

One question about MSX-C, is there any limitation with program memory? This is, in Basic the bigger program you can make has 23Kb, no matter if your MSX has 64, 128, 256Kb... In Turbo Pascal the limit is 33Kb, no matter how much memory your MSX have. Is there any fixed limitation in MSX-C?

MSX-C itself doesn't impose any limitations. By default it will build MSX-DOS(2) programs, so you have the full 64Kb space available (minus the work area and stack at the end of page 3). The default MSX-C function library also includes support for inter-slot calls, and full MSX-DOS2 mapper should be easy to handle as well, so if you know what you're doing then you'll be able to access all the memory in the computer.

By AxelStone

Prophet (2674)

Аватар пользователя AxelStone

20-02-2015, 07:55

JaviLM wrote:

MSX-C itself doesn't impose any limitations. By default it will build MSX-DOS(2) programs, so you have the full 64Kb space available (minus the work area and stack at the end of page 3). The default MSX-C function library also includes support for inter-slot calls, and full MSX-DOS2 mapper should be easy to handle as well, so if you know what you're doing then you'll be able to access all the memory in the computer.

This is really a big feature. I'm working in Turbo Basic and there is a lot of limitations in memory terms Sad . Thanks.

By AxelStone

Prophet (2674)

Аватар пользователя AxelStone

20-07-2016, 12:08

Hi everybody, I'm recovering this old post to make again the question: what of the following alternatives are best?
1.- ASCII MSX-C compiler.
2.- Solid-C
3.- HiTech-C

I'm interested on them because they are native MSX compilers with their respective versions of MSX lib (cross compilers as SDCC doesn't have). Anyone has tried all of them? What is the best option?

Actually I'm using ASCII but I'm having memory troubles even splitting source codes, perhaps ASCII compilers doesn't handles memory well, so I'd like to know if other compilers works better in this way.

Thanks.

By Marq

Champion (386)

Аватар пользователя Marq

20-07-2016, 13:21

AxelStone wrote:

Hi everybody, I'm recovering this old post to make again the question: what of the following alternatives are best?
1.- ASCII MSX-C compiler.
2.- Solid-C
3.- HiTech-C

From what I remember Hitech-C seemed to win in some tests previously. MSX-C compilation times were pretty long, too. My lib for SDCC coding resides here (2.x only for now at least): svn://kameli.net/marq/msxlib

By DarkSchneider

Paladin (862)

Аватар пользователя DarkSchneider

20-07-2016, 14:42

And what about the support? Solid C or Hi-tech C? I mean community work, like new libs, usage (for sharing info), etc.

Quote:

you'll be able to access all the memory in the computer

But is not the same access than usability. In a relocatable code environment (like C compiling) is not acceptable to use absolute addresses. And the compiling/linking process I think does not allow to overlap in the same address, there is no way to say "is the same address, but are in different memory blocks (I will handle it), so overlap".
Also, there is no way to use that extra memory to allocate code because the same.

By AxelStone

Prophet (2674)

Аватар пользователя AxelStone

20-07-2016, 19:40

I think I need help with Solid-C. I'm trying to use it and don't get a simple main working. I'm trying to compile the simplest code:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(argc,argv)
int argc;
char *argv[]; 
{
	BYTE i;
	for(i=0;i<50;i++) {
		printf("Hola");
	}
}

I compile with following bat file:

cc1 %1
cc2 %1
as %1.asm
ld %1,slib/s,clib/s,mlib/s/gXMAIN

And allways get following error at linker process after no compile errors:

What's the problem?

Страница 4/6
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6