Philips NMS 1515/00 Cassette. Gears and repair.

Страница 1/2
| 2

By ateodoro

Supporter (14)

Аватар пользователя ateodoro

14-02-2021, 11:17

Hello there.
I've now this wonderfull data cassette player and I need to repair it.
My 1515
The play function seems to work fine.
The F.F. and REV. funtions instead don't work.
Gear broken
When I've opened it I've found many peaces of a plastic gear (orange gear?) and I think it could needed to yhe FF and REV functions.

Prlease, someone could show me a pic about the internal of the cassette player so that I can understand where the plastic gear position it was and its size.

Someone could advice me where I can find the pdf user manual for the 1515?

Many thanks in advance.

Для того, чтобы оставить комментарий, необходимо регистрация или !login

By Skyblasc

Expert (82)

Аватар пользователя Skyblasc

14-02-2021, 12:58

Hi ateodoro,
Try looking for Philips D6450, it's nearly identical model ( if not the same) and I believe the internal mechanics should be the same.

For example, I've found this very short video of the internals with that yellow/orange wheel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzdrwXhURks
Also, I've found some SERVICE MANUALS for the D 6450, afaik not free, just googleing.

Hans Otten page just have User Manual, not Service, for this type of Philips Datasset, which is a shame. It's one of the best pages for free Philips MSX manuals.

Hope to have help you a bit.

By AndreV

Expert (125)

Аватар пользователя AndreV

14-02-2021, 15:27

Hi, I have the same problem with this type of recorder i have had several of these datarecorders al the gears had decayed, so I switch to a other datarecorder like the sanyo dr202a, the gears of the philips has a so called cheesy gear, and the plastic is decaying off old age. I've not found a replacement kit for this recorder, a pity cos i like the recorder as well. the Philips D6450 has the same problem.

By ateodoro

Supporter (14)

Аватар пользователя ateodoro

14-02-2021, 18:38

Whaoooooo Skyblasc,
many thanks.
Now I see where is probably located the orange/red gear.
But I'm not able to open my player in the front inside: I 'm able to open only the inside back side:
151 inside back
I can't understand how it is stuck inside and therefore how it can be opened.
So it seems I can't reach the correct side to insert a new gear one.

Skyblasc wrote:

Hi ateodoro,
Try looking for Philips D6450, it's nearly identical model ( if not the same) and I believe the internal mechanics should be the same.

For example, I've found this very short video of the internals with that yellow/orange wheel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzdrwXhURks
Also, I've found some SERVICE MANUALS for the D 6450, afaik not free, just googleing.

Hans Otten page just have User Manual, not Service, for this type of Philips Datasset, which is a shame. It's one of the best pages for free Philips MSX manuals.

Hope to have help you a bit.

By Skyblasc

Expert (82)

Аватар пользователя Skyblasc

15-02-2021, 10:02

ateodoro wrote:

But I'm not able to open my player in the front inside:

Yes, that's why I was suggesting trying to find online the SERVICE MANUAL because there usually are the opening instructions and layouts, and teaches you how to open and reassembly properly the device. Maybe someone in the forum has one and can share it with you.

I only find it in paying sites:
https://freeservicemanuals.info/en/servicemanuals/viewmanual...
https://www.owner-manuals.com/PHILIPS-manuals-4-20a.html?alp...

But there was this discussion a year ago and maybe those users can explain you how to open properly the unit so you can reach the wheel: https://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/hardware/philips-d6450-sc...

Wish you luck!

By gnokketto

Supporter (1)

Аватар пользователя gnokketto

01-05-2021, 22:10

Hi,
I Have the same problem, I have found a Service manual of D6450 (the same type) here:
https://freeservicemanuals.info/en/servicemanuals/viewmanual...
but mechanical are into other service manual like RU-1 or RU-3, here
https://freeservicemanuals.info/en/servicemanuals/viewmanual...
I anyone found the gear post the link
Thanks!

By AndreV

Expert (125)

Аватар пользователя AndreV

23-05-2021, 22:04

I found this, maybe a solution for broken gears
https://www.amazon.nl/Plastic-Katrol-Enkele-Dubbele-Soorten/...

By fenama

Expert (72)

Аватар пользователя fenama

04-06-2021, 02:28

I had the same problem and I have replaced them with a new one printed in 3D

By tranx

Champion (344)

Аватар пользователя tranx

05-06-2021, 05:44

fenama wrote:

I had the same problem and I have replaced them with a new one printed in 3D

Hi, do you happen to have the measurements for these so that others can also 3D print ? Thanks a lot!

By fenama

Expert (72)

Аватар пользователя fenama

05-06-2021, 13:21

The files for 3D printing are in Thingiverse.
They are the same gears for Phillips D6450 and NMS1515

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3877723/files

By tranx

Champion (344)

Аватар пользователя tranx

06-06-2021, 08:12

fenama wrote:

The files for 3D printing are in Thingiverse.
They are the same gears for Phillips D6450 and NMS1515

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3877723/files

Thank you so much, this is very helpful

Страница 1/2
| 2