GR8NET is a combo cartridge for MSX with Network as main function. It has 7 distinctive mapper modes (GR8NET, plain ROM, Konami/SCC, ASCII8/16, 1024kB mapped RAM) and one combined mapper mode 8 with network, 512kB mapped RAM, Nextor SD-card interface and OPLL ROM available.
Cartridge operates in primary slot (all mapper modes) and sub-slot (except mode 8 when slot expansion is performed internally), in all MSX models.
GR8NET developer, Eugeny Brychkov, is a developer of platform called GR8BIT.
- Network MDI, IPv4 TCP, UDP, RAW and HTTP via Ethernet 100BASE-T (RJ45 connector)
- Memory Mapper of 1024kB configurable in MegaRam with multi-mapper support (Rom 64K, ASCII 8/16K, Konami and Konami SCC)
- SCC, YM2413 (OPLL) and Y8950 (OPL1) sound emulation
- PCM buffered 8- and 16-bit mono performance
- Micro-SD/SDHC card, accessible through built-in browser (FAT16/32) or by Nextor in mapper 8 mode (FAT12/FAT16)
- Math co-processor (support 32-bit multiplication and division)
- Added many Basic instructions to control disk, network and multimedia (e.g. playback of WAV file)